A guide to 32 of the best and most common edible wild plants in North America, with detailed information on how to identify them, where they are found, how and when they are harvested, which parts are used, how they are prepared, as well as their culinary use, ecology, conservation, and cultural history.
Go back to basics—compost, raising chickens, water and irrigation, dealing with pests, and much more—with this unique, full color bestseller (over 400,000 sold).
Mini Farming describes a holistic approach to small-area farming that will show you how to produce 85 percent of an average family’s food on just a quarter acre—and earn $10,000 in cash annually while spending less than half the time that an ordinary job would require.
Work with nature to consistently grow the highest quality produce—all while doing your part in fighting climate change and helping the environment.
Are you stressed out about…
The seemingly steady decline in both the quantity and quality of your crops? “Technical farming problems” like soil erosion and biodiversity loss? Climate change—how you can cope with it, and how you can be part of the solution rather than the problem?
If so, chances are you’re suffering from eco-anxiety… and unfortunately, you have good reason to do so.
Grow a Year’s Worth of Food for Your Family
Do something good for your loved ones by learning how to plant a garden that will yield wholesome, organic fruits and vegetables in surprisingly less space than you would think. Melissa K. Norris, fifth-generation homesteader and host of the popular Pioneering Today podcast, walks you through each step of the process, including how to
• decide which food crops are best for your area and family
• plan your garden to maximize the space you have
• protect your garden from common pests and diseases naturally
• determine when your fruits and vegetables are ready to be harvested
• improve soil health with simple techniques like crop rotation and backyard composting
Sharing the same practices and techniques from her homestead, Melissa shows you how easy it can be to raise a year’s worth of produce at home. Simple-to-follow charts, worksheets, and photographs are provided throughout to help you through every phase of the gardening process.
Discover how raising your own goats can be a fun and profitable endeavor
Goats are one of the most versatile animals you can own and they are perfect for dairy, meat and fiber, whether you’re looking to become more self-sufficient or make some money on the side. While raising goats sounds like fun, most people who want to start their own herd simply don’t know where to start.
You’re probably asking yourself:
• Can I have goats?
• What breed is best for my needs?
• How many goats should I get?
• Is raising goats difficult?
• What do I need to raise healthy goats?
Raising Goats for Beginners is a comprehensive, practical guide that not only answers these questions, but covers everything you need to know in order to raise healthy goats.
Everything You Need to Know about Natural Parasite Control for Livestock, All in One Place!
This concise book is loaded with valuable information about ridding livestock of their unwanted guests. Whether you're raising sheep, pigs, horses, cows, chickens, goats, or other farm animals, this book will teach you how to keep them healthy and parasite-free through organic systems and without the use of harsh chemicals. It includes easy-to-follow scientific explanations, and provides research-based practices that really work. Internal parasite control can be accomplished naturally 1) through environmental modifications, 2) by producing and using easy-to-grow & harvest anti-parasitics, and, 3) by understanding the life-cycles and road blocks of internal parasites.
About this item
• EXTRA WIDE DESIGN: A large yet versatile 40in growing space traps humidity while circulating air - perfect for patios, balconies, and more!
• 2 ACCESS OPTIONS: Four zippers allow you to open the top or bottom of the cover while a set of touch fasteners keep the access open during your major gardening projects
• IDEAL GROWING ENVIRONMENT: A PE cover keeps your plants safe from the elements while maintaining a constant humidity that's ideal for growing and germinating seedlings
• DURABLE DESIGN: A set of powder-coated steel shelves on a matching frame with PVC joints assemble quickly and guarantee many growing seasons!
• MODULAR SHELVING: Each shelf holds up to 20 pounds and uses two removable panels to accommodate larger potted plants; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 40"(L) x 20"(W) x 63.5"(H)
20’x10’x7’ With watering system
About this item
• 【360 Degree Smart Watering Greenhouse Patent Design】This tunnel greenhouse updates the backyard greenhouse with more water and time saving concepts. The patented design of water-saving devices can save water most by adjusting the water density, size, and scope.
• [Upgraded Lockable Swing Door] Freely enter and exit the Large greenhouses with the adjustable 180-Degree door frames. Swing doors can be locked by chains, and 12 roller mesh screen windows, keep the air flowing and other troublemakers out of your garden greenhouse
• 【Wind resistance index:30 mph】Hoop greenhouse by 6mm wall thickness 25mm hot dipped tube, the extra 12 Ground Pegs & 24 Film Clips Set fix it on the ground firmly and strengthen the fixation of the cover and frame. Protect plants from wind, rain, the snow around the year.
• 【Sturdy Walk-In Greenhouse】 The frame of the hoop greenhouse has 7 Rows of Crossbars, and the cover has 140g/m durable PE material, double-stranded edge banding is more durable for at least 2 Year Use, which keeps your plants safe from direct UV rays and will not fade.
• 【Winter Greenhouse】Size: 20'(L) *10'(W) * 7'(H). The arched shape encloses a large space for the tunnel greenhouse, conveniently growing and managing a variety of plants, such as vegetables, potatoes, tomatoes, plants, herbs, and flowers, also easy to be located the greenhouse for outdoors.